Sunday 30 December 2012

Looking to the past

This is just something I have been thinking about and I thought to share with you...

I have been thinking a lot about the past recently, as we draw closer to the end of the year it seems that we all begin to evaluate our lives and look back on the last 12 months. The interesting thing is, we only choose to remember what we want to remember, whether that be an achievement or a failure or something sad such as the loss of a loved one.



But with everything else that happened in the past year; think about all the time spent on facebook, youtube, twitter, watching TV or literally doing nothing. Think about all that dead time you won't get back.

Don't get me wrong we all need time to rest and unwind from the stresses of life, but if we are truly honest there were time when we could have filled our time with things that would be more pleasing to our Father in heaven, such as spending more time reading the word, or helping at a local food bank.

I personally wasted a lot of time in 2012 and then, I thought why do I find it easy to make time to fit in my shows or spend of facebook, but then struggled to spend 2 minutes in prayer. At this point I have to re-evaluate what I thought was important in life and what I valued.
How can expect God to hear me and help me if I am not willing to hear Him or help His people( all human kind, not just Christians)

So as the year comes to an end think about what you want to be different in 2013, cos its to late to change 2012 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment