Wednesday 20 February 2013

home is where the heart is

Home is where the heart is, is a well known saying but if you look at it in a different way What is at home in your heart?



In the bible it says as a 'man thinks in his heart, so he is' (Proverbs 23:7). To use the example of driving a car, where ever you focus your attention that is where the car will go. So whatever is ruling your heart in turn will rule your mind and your life.

Think about it this way, if you have ever had a friend who is in a relationship and says that they are "in love", all they talk about is their other half, because that is what is at home in their heart it take over everything else in their life.
But we are told not to worship idols, yes anything that you value higher than God can be an idol. If there is something you can't live without such as your mobile or TV that you need to check the condition of your heart.

Looking at the condition of the heart

1. there are things in life that fill our heart as I have said above
2. But there are things living in heart that we may have repressed, such as that person we say we have forgiven yet we can't think about them without wanting to curse them out. You have some deep rooted bitterness that is festering in your heart.

If you talk to a doctor they will tell you that if your heart is not healthy then your whole body will become sick. Well the same is true in our lives with God if our hearts are sick then we can not be as effective as we should be for God, that is why we are required to surrender all of us over to the Lord to heal our hearts and clear out the blockages

In Ezekiel 36:26 the Lord states that he will perform surgery on your heart in order to put a new healthy heart in you, which will take away the hurts from your heart, but also change the condition of your heart towards serving the Lord. 

Ezekiel 36:26
26 And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart (NLT) 

24-28 “‘For here’s what I'm going to do: I'm going to take you out of these countries, gather you from all over, and bring you back to your own land. I’ll pour pure water over you and scrub you clean. I’ll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I’ll remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a heart that’s God-willed, not self-willed. I’ll put my Spirit in you and make it possible for you to do what I tell you and live by my commands. You’ll once again live in the land I gave your ancestors. You’ll be my people! I’ll be your God! (Message) 

So check the condition of your heart and what you have allowed to take home in your heart, if there are things that need to go then ask the Lord to give your heart a spring clean :) 

Here is a link to a blog post about God as Jehovah Rapha - our healer 
http://donotdepart.com/jehovah-rapha-the-god-who-heals

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this Yetty something I am definately working on.

    ReplyDelete