Friday 14 February 2014

I know the future (day 3)

During this time of fasting I have been seeking the Lord about many things, most of which have to do with my future.

This morning as I was praying, I was given this verse 
"Remember the things I have done in the past.For I alone am God! I am God, and there is none like me.
10 Only I can tell you the future before it even happens.
Everything I plan will come to pass, 
for I do whatever I wish"(Isaiah 46:9-10) 

and I just felt at peace, that even though I don't have all the answers or know what is yet to come, I know the God that has kept me and made a way for me in the past. 

The old song says ' count your blessing name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord has done'. When things in life are not going to plan it can be hard to have hope or to think God is even listening to your prayer. But when you start thinking on all the good that has gone before or the amazing things that you know have happened in your life that only God could have done, then it gives you hope to trust God to bring you through this storm. 

In the storm it can be hard to see or even stayed focused but when you see the light from the Lighthouse you know where to focus to find safety and it is the same thing with us and us. We may be in a storm of life right now but God is our Lighthouse guiding us through 

No comments:

Post a Comment