Tuesday 4 February 2014

The way I have been living (day 2)

So day 1 was a little hard, but day 2 started off a lot better my mind felt more focused and this was evident in my day as I didn't think about food that much but spent a little more time in prayer and in reading my Bible. 

I was studying Haggai 1 today. This chapter looks at the call to rebuild the temple after the 70 years in captivity. The Israelites had returned to their own land and had started returning to normal life, build their own homes and making sure life was comfortable. But yet they had not even started work  on the Lord's house. 
Verses 5-7 really struck me as it really made me think about the way I had been living recently and how I had gotten into a really selfish mindset. 
I had gotten into the habit of giving in to my food cravings and focusing my mind on my problems, when I knew better. 

Throughout the rest of the day I was just meditating on this Chapter and reflecting upon my life

Sometimes reflection is key!

No comments:

Post a Comment