Monday 24 February 2014

Patience (day 7)

As this fast has gone along, it has helped me to realise how much time I had been wasting on useless things when I could have been making my days more productive. Because there are certain foods I can eat, I try to plan my meals ahead of time and cook ahead of time so that I won't be as tempted to break my fast because I'm really hungry or craving cake lol.

So to the title of today Patience, during the course of the day, I had to help a family member out with some computer work ans tasks. At first I was a little annoyed because I wanted to enjoy my own time and here was doing someones work for them. But them I just to my eye off myself and realised the situation was about me, this person really needed my help. Once I realised this I felt like I could even do more for them than I had already done, Long story short by the grace of God alone, they were able to finish the work in time for their job.

People always say patience is a virtue, or you have to learn to just tolerate some people. I don't agree as humans we are not allows patience and we don't like everyone but, patience is a fruit of the Spirit, Galatians 5:22-25 'God’s Spirit makes us loving, happy, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, 23 gentle, and self-controlled. There is no law against behaving in any of these ways. 24 And because we belong to Christ Jesus, we have killed our selfish feelings and desires. 25 God’s Spirit has given us life, and so we should follow the Spirit,' (CEV).

On our own at time we may find it hard to be patience with people, but we need to let the spirit work in our lives. We need to see people as God sees them, seeing passed there looks and behaves to their hearts and their needs.

Being patience is hard, and it is still a fruit of the Spirit that I am learning to cultivate , but today I really learnt something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment